Please mark your calendars for August 20, 2011, to join in on youTheology’s 2nd Annual “ONE God, ONE Day, ONE Love” event.
This is an opportunity to meet with youth from different Methodist churches (AME, AME Zion, CME, and UMC) for a time of worship, community building, and service as well as a time to reflect on the work we do together. We hope that YOU and the youth from your congregation will be able to join us on Saturday, August 20th.
Last year, my youth were able to participate and had a good experience as they worshiped with other youth, had time to get to know one another, served the community and then came together to reflect on the day. My group plans to return this year and I hope you can join us for ONE God, ONE Day, ONE Love. Online Registration DUE August 1st.
Here are all the details:
* WHEN? Saturday, August 20, 2011
* WHERE? Saint Paul School of Theology and area community service organizations
* HOW LONG? 9.30 am – 4.00 pm (worship, lunch, community service and reflection)
* WHO? Middle & High School Students and Youth Workers (youth must be accompanied by adults; 2 adults for every 10 youth)
* COST? $7 per person pre-registration (www.youtheology.com/onedayregister; online registration deadline is August 1, 2011) or $10 per person registering on the day of the event
* For more information, please visit www.youtheology.com/oneday plus you can also LIKE us on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/youTheology.
youTheology is a Saint Paul Schol of Theology Pan-Methodist program that is preparing leaders, deepening faith, providing curriculum resources, and giving opportunities for loving and serving God and others with high school students and youth workers.
“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.” Luke 10:27
by Mark Whitaker
~~Youth & Young Adult Director, Communications Coordinator, & Scouting Rep
Avondale United Methodist Church in Kansas City MO (North of the River)
~~Marketing Coordinator – youTheology Advisory Board
Loving God, Loving Neighbor